To further our scientific research, we often invite individuals like you to participate in our research and experiments. Studies take place in California, around the world, and online. Please consider joining us in the ones that speak to you.
Missing Photon Study
If you are a healthy adult between the ages of 18 and 70, able to focus your attention on a quiet task for 20 minutes, this study may be for you!
- The experiment explores the nature of how the mind might influence or change things around us
- The purpose of the study is to learn more about how focusing attention may influence things and the light around us
- This study consists of a one-time session at the Earthrise Retreat Center in Petaluma, California
- You will also be asked to complete an activity that will need your focus and attention for 20 minutes
- For your participation you will receive a paperback copy of: Entangled Minds – author: Dean Radin
If you would like to learn more about the study or participation, please call Jennifer Okonsky at 707-779-8263 or send an email.
Toronto! Participate in Precognition Research
Conducted by Julia Mossbridge, Ph.D, IONS Innovation Lab Director, and Adam Crabtree, a psychotherapist on the faculty of the Centre for Training in Psychotherapy, and an author of books on the history of psychotherapy, hypnosis, and dissociation unconditional love and super-normal abilities such as precognition, this groundbreaking research will explore unconditional love and precognition.
An overview for research participants:
- Your participation will be scheduled at a time convenient to you and the investigator, who is a long-time Toronto resident.
- The investigator will review the study with you during the first of two sessions. The first session will be 90 minutes long, and the second session will be 60 minutes long.
- There will be no cost to you for your participation nor will there be any payment to you.
- Each session will consist of an online questionnaire and several experimental tasks, a pleasant hypnotic session including a repeat questionnaire and several experimental tasks.
To learn more about becoming a research participant, please email Marcia Nisam, research assistant.
Full-Trance Channel Study
The purpose of this study is to investigate how the phenomena known as full-trance channeling works. Specifically, we are interested in the physiological state of the channel during a session. Multiple physiological outcomes and subjective questionnaires and interviews will be conducted before, during, and after channeling sessions. For the purpose of this study we are defining a trance channel as follows: An individual says that they go into a trance state at will (the depth of the trance may vary) and then a disincarnate entity/spirit uses the channel’s body with their permission to communicate directly through the consciousness of the channel (rather than the individual relating what they are hearing mentally).
If you consider yourself a full-trance channel and are interested in learning more about participating in this study, please contact Jennifer Okonsky at 707-779-8263 or send an email with the subject line: Interest in Full-Trance Channel Study.
Many people have had precognitive dreams or successful intuitive hunches and would like to know if they might have psychic (or “psi”) abilities. To provide a simple way to explore these abilities, this site provides a suite of psi tests based on techniques similar to those used in more formal laboratory experiments.
The tests are fun (and valid) and you’ll get immediate feedback about your performance. There are also various “Halls of Fame” where you can compare your performance with others.
Test Your PsiQ
The IONS Innovation Lab has released its first app — containing tests for certain psychic abilities — which you can download on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch.
We named the app “PsiQ” as a nod to “IQ” tests, but the app itself is certainly not a complete test. The dreamchild of IONS’ Chief Scientist Dean Radin, PsiQ is designed as both an experiment and a suite of games.
From the standpoint of the IONS Science Team, the purpose of the app is to get data from tens of thousands of people on three different tasks — a conscious precognition task (Hidden Gurus, where you select where the next guru will appear), a nonconscious precognition task (Future Feelings, where you select the positive or negative mood type of each picture and words displayed in the future influence your behavior), and a conscious mind-over-matter task (Heart Quest, where you try to influence a random number generator to give a robot character a glowing heart).