DEEPENING YOUR CONSCIOUS AGING FACILITATION SKILLS
Explore the Best Practices of Workshop Facilitation
Thursday, March 29, 2018 – 9:00am to Friday, March 30, 2018 – 5:00pm
EarthRise Transformative Learning Center
101 San Antonio Road
Petaluma, California 94952
IONS Conscious Aging workshop facilitators have a unique role to play in helping elders explore the bounty and challenges of their senior years. In presenting the Conscious Aging workshop series in their own communities, the goal is to build a safe and creative space people to explore the gifts of later life, develop strategies to alleviate the stressors of aging, and foster and relish accrued strengths and wisdom.
IONS Conscious Aging: Deepening Your Facilitation Skills is a special 2-day training that will assist workshop facilitators in taking their offerings to an even deeper level. By providing advanced facilitation skills tailored specifically to the Conscious Aging workshop program, this training is appropriate for anyone who wants to expand their skillset and to feel informed and confident in their role as a Conscious Aging workshop facilitator.
Whether you have previously graduated from the Facilitator Training course, or are currently engaged in the certification process, this training will provide a solid foundation of facilitation theory along with practical application and best practices.
- Learn essential skills for effective facilitation
- Explore qualities and styles of positive facilitation
- Understand Group Dynamics as part of facilitation
- Distinguish between a top-down style and one of a participatory adult-learning process
- Experience options for both small and large group settings
- Develop techniques to encourage exploration into beliefs and assumptions about aging
- Establish methods for developing self-compassion workshop participants
- Gain ‘best practices’ to encourage connection and reduce isolation
- Explore methods to help participants reduce their fear and increase their acceptance of the presence of death and dying
…and embody what they teach!
- Prerequisite — Attendance at the Conscious Aging Personal Enrichment Workshop (waived for Certified Facilitators who have previously led the workshop in their communities).
- This training does not certify participants to facilitate or offer the IONS Conscious Aging workshop program, but is instead an opportunity to gain even greater skills in the practice of facilitation. The IONS Certified Conscious Aging Facilitator Training Program is available online and may be completed at your own pace.
- Certification, though helpful, is not required to participate in this workshop — facilitators-in-training may participate in this course prior to finishing the certification process.
About the Presenter
Dr. Katia Petersen, Director of Education Programs at the Institute of Noetic Sciences, is a clinical psychologist, author, and training expert in improvement strategies for education, business, and community organizations. Katia’s work focuses on systems change and bringing mindfulness and compassion to organizations through collaborative conversations, effective communication, problem-solving and conflict resolution skills. A skilled dialogue practitioner, Dr. Petersen draws upon a wide range of emergent processes that support effective group facilitative work including: World Cafe, Theory U, and Appreciative Inquiry.
$595 plus room and meals (program packages vary depending on arrival and departure times; to help you estimate you can assuming lodging at $85/double or $125/single per day, and a full three-meal day of $55)