PARAPSYCHOLOGY PRECONFERENCE WORKSHOP
Prior to the 61st Annual Convention of the Parapsychological Association (held at IONS on August 2-5, 2018) the IONS Research Department will host a two-day intensive workshop on the state-of-the-art in psi research.
EarthRise Retreat Center
101 San Antonio Road
Petaluma, California 94952
Cost: $200 (plus lodging and meals)
Single room & all meals – $680
Shared room & all meals – $545
Commuter & all meals – $377
Parapsychology is the study of psychic phenomena (“psi” for short, pronounced sigh). Psi experiences are commonly known as telepathy, clairvoyance, precognition, psychokinesis, mediumship, and other phenomena related to survival of consciousness after bodily death. The international professional society for scientists and scholars engaged in the study of these phenomena is the Parapsychological Association.
This is a 2.5-day intensive workshop on the state-of-the-art in psi research, hosted by the IONS Research Department from July 30 to August 2, 2018. Suitable for all students and adults, it will include lectures and opportunities to try leading-edge psi experiments in the IONS laboratories. The workshop will be led by IONS scientists and other leaders in the field. Following this workshop, IONS will host the 61st annual convention of the Parapsychological Association (August 2 to August 5). Tuition for the workshop is included in the package prices.
Morning sessions will consist of dynamic lectures, discussion, and Q&A. In the afternoons, attendees will have the opportunity to participate in laboratory psi experiments. Evening sessions may include further discussion, Q&A, and viewing of relevant documentary films.
Planned lecturers and topics:
- Physicist Dr. Edwin May, former Director of the US government’s “Stargate” program of psychic espionage and author of ESP Wars: East & West, speaking about leading theories of psi;
- IONS neuroscientist Dr. Julia Mossbridge, a specialist in the perception of time and coauthor of Transcendent Mind, on the latest research on precognition;
- IONS computational neuroscientist, Dr. Arnaud Delorme, developer of EEGLAB, one of the world’s most-used EEG analysis packages, on current neuroscience studies of mediumship;
- IONS President and clinical psychologist, Dr. Cassandra Vieten, author of Spiritual and Religious Competencies in Clinical Practice, on advanced practices associated with enhanced psi performance;
- IONS Chief Scientist Dr. Dean Radin, author of Real Magic, on studies of individual and collective intention;
- IONS scientist and co-founder of Pixar Animation Studios, Loren Carpenter, on virtual reality and optical physics in the study mind-matter interactions;
- IONS Director of Research and naturopathic physician, Dr. Helané Wahbeh, on the phenomenology and psychophysiology of channeling;
- Loyd Auerbach author of ESP, Hauntings and Poltergeists, on spontaneous psi effects in the field;
- and more (lectures are subject to change)